Monday, February 9, 2009

Just like her Auntie Shelli....




We came back from Joshua's birthday party at the park on Saturday afternoon where the girls had a blast!!! They rode the carousel, played in the museum, played games, beat up a SpongeBob pinata, played little games, ate cake, got little goody bags and received Play Doh!! I finished with the Play Doh because it was the culprit!

My mom was cooking, I was sitting with ice on my back and the girls were playing quietly on the back porch area. I should have know something was up when they were too quiet! Next I hear, "It's Magic.....look Mari I'm doing Magic" .....Mari giggles. "Oh yeah Shani, it's magic....where did it go?" I decided to get up and see what exactly was the "magic". I go outside and ask..."what are you girls doing?"...Mari started to inform me that Shani is doing magic and made the play doh disappear....I said, "Really, where did it go Shani?' I did magic with the play doh and put it in my ear.....my reaction......WHAT??????? I checked it out, and sure enough there was a big chunk of orange play doh in Shani's ear. I told my mom to watch her so she didn't shove it in any further, while I got the tweezers. I ran back, and while my mom held her down, I pulled out 2 big chunks of play doh that were pushed into her ear!!!! Oh my gosh, this CHILD!!!

For those of you who know already....Shani is my "Disaster Daisy". In the first 3 and half years of her life she has, been to the hospital or doctor for the following drama:
1. A cyst removed from the back of her head, left her with a nasty stitch mark.
2. X-rays for a hip problem, everything is okay they said.
3. X-rays on her foot because she tried to close the door in the garage that had a dumbell propping it open and that 25lb. dumbell fell over on her big toe! She crawled around on the floor for almost a week!
4. A nasty scar on her ear from falling off the chair and hitting the corner of the wall unit.
5, Bite marks on her lips from my mom's little 3 pound dog because Shani wanted to kiss her!
6. A huge knot on her head when she fell off the stage at VBS while her Titi Brandi & Carla were sitting right next to her!
7. X-rays to find her earring that she swallowed in which I had to search through her poop for almost a week to make sure it came out.


Now when I changed Shani's name to "Shani Rae Flores" to name her as close as possible to my best friend, Shelli Rae Morris, I didn't think it would include her clumsy mishaps as well...I was obviously wrong and she is....

just like her Auntie Shelli.

1 comment:

Brandi Abadia said...

So, was that payback for throwing you under the bus? Haha... My Shani baby, she'll try just about anything once!